Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Words for the Journey


Four distinct instructions guide my journey of recovery.  They were given individually but have become a collective word of  encouragement.  God, Jesus, Holy Spirit the three in one Savior of my life, gave these words to me.  He revealed each instruction with simplicity, though I have made them complicated at time.  Sharing my instructions does not make them your instructions.  They may become your instructions. Only you can decide. 

1. Crawl---Jesus Loves Me this I know.  Learn the truth of Jesus' love.  This sounds like a children's song, and it is... It is the song of all the children of God.  It is the anthem of the secure, the praise song of the ages. No greater truth can encourage the heart than this..Jesus loves me...because the Bible tells me so.  No works, mentality gets me loved.  No perfect life gets me loved.  Only because the Bible, God's Holy word says so.  Learn to crawl with Jesus loves me.  God says to me "Rest in my lap daughter, love me as your father, because you are always welcome... I said so."

2.  Step---I am in covenant to keep you and your family.  What a promise but with it comes a step of faith.  The vision was clear.  A bridge with a slight hump.  Water running under the bridge.  I am on the bridge.  Suddenly, I notice there are no more blanks to complete the bridge.  "Step."   
But God, there is nothing to step onto. "As you put your foot down, the bridge will be completed." 

3. Leave---Your life is not your own, you were bought with a price.  What is wrong with me completing a good project?  Can't I just clean my room, prepare for my future.?  "Leave it, my daughter, for your life is not your own."  Haunting words that still fill my ears and my heart.  Leave what seems to be good for the best of what God wants for me and others. 

4. Come Closer---I will show you  my heart. My closer to God was once  a little girl dragging God by the hand to where I wanted to go.  Then it was by special invitation for an intimate relationship which I refused.  Now it is a summons to appear before the throne of God to be exposed to the Father's heart and have my mind and heart transformed over and over again.

I do not know if you can use my instructions, but what I know is that when I follow these instructions my life is forever changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment